One of the reasons I love summer so much is grilling out and all the yummy sides that go along with it. I love traditional pasta salad, but sometimes I like to shake things up a bit – this one was DELICIOUS .. doesn’t hurt that I am obsessed with Arugula 🙂
- 1/2 pound penne pasta
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 Tbs. butter
- Add: 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk (I used 1.5 cups light cream)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (I love a lot of freshly ground black pepper in this dish)
Directions (in my own words)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente, drain, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saute pan. Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer. Mix in the blue cheese and whisk until creamy, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta and toss.
- Add arugula and toss until wilted.