This was a great light meal to off set all the heavy comfort food dinners from the holidays, and that are so infamous in winter! I did add some low sodium soy sauce to the sauce, and it was delicious! Max wanted to help me with this meal, he loves his cooking utensils 🙂
- 1/4 cup orange juice (squeeze from 1/2 an orange)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked as desired and sliced/diced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 small avocado, sliced
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 1 cup brown rice
- Cook brown rice in water, according to package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, oil, soy sauce and ginger.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add edamame, red bell pepper, and chicken, tossing to coat.
- Spoon mixture over brown rice and garnish with avocado slices and cilantro.