I saw this on someone’s google reader about making baby snacks.. This was brilliant! Max just gobbled it up and it is loaded with broccoli , I can’t wait to see if my nephew , Ryan likes them too! Perfect Hand Held Snack! Max Definitely approves!
Broccoli & Cheese Patties (Makes 12 Patties)
1 Russet Potato, peeled and cubed
1 Cup Broccoli Florets
1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
3 Tbsp Panko or Bread Crumbs
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Large Egg
1/8 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Cup Panko or Bread Crumbs
1 Tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
1. Place the potato cubes in a steamer pot over boiling water and cook for 8 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli to the steamer pot and steam the vegetables for an additional 2 minutes, or until they are fork tender. Then, remove everything from pot and allow them to cool.
3. Mash the potatoes in a large bowl and chop the broccoli florets into bite-size pieces.
4. Add the broccoli, cheese, panko, salt, egg, garlic and onion powder to the bowl and combine.
5. Place the remaining 1/2 cup of panko in a separate bowl.
6. Using a ice cream scoop or 2 tbsp to measure, roll the mixture into balls, coat them in the panko and then shape each one into a small patty.*
7. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat, place the patties in the skillet and press down with a spatula to flatten a little.
8. Pan-fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden.
9. Serve with ketchup or any favorite dipping sauce.