For Christmas Day , I wanted to make sausage stuffed mushrooms… so, imagine my surprise when on Thursday night I went to Giant Eagle ( grocery store ) and they didn’t have ONE container of mushrooms!! Oh the horror! LOL… Luckily, I printed out this recipe a while ago, and it was just perfect! Who needs mushrooms!?!? Ha!
- 1 pound ground bulk sausage
- 4-5 green onions, sliced thinly or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (regular or 1/3 less fat)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 packages frozen phyllo cups (such as Athens brand)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add cream cheese, stirring constantly until cheese has melted. Add cheddar cheese and continue to heat through until the cheddar has just melted. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each mini phyllo cup. Arrange filled cups on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown.