Buckeyes are usually the first thing I go to when I see a christmas cookie tray , so I have no idea why I never made them! My mom used to make them, but they are the type of cookie that sometimes gets forgotten, but not this year! I had some left over chocolate so I figured… why not? LOL – These were so good! Not as pretty as I had hoped, but it is hard dealing with chocolate with a one year old pulling at your leg!
Going to be bring a huge tray to my sister’s christmas party tomorrow ! Yay! Adore this time of year 🙂
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup softened butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. In a large bowl, blend peanut butter, butter, and vanilla until smooth and well-combined. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
2. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Combine chocolate chips and vegetable oil. Melt in the microwave in 20-second increments until smooth, stirring after each interval.
4. Using a tooth pick, dip each peanut butter ball in melted chocolate, leaving a portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like buckeyes.
5. Refrigerate until serving. Makes 4 to 5 dozen buckeyes, depending on size