I got this appetizer recipe from one of my favorite blogs – Brown Eyed Baker. As soon as I saw this, I knew it would be perfect for Easter Saturday Dinner – and it was ! Everyone loved it and said how refreshing they were – they were the perfect appetizer!
Cucumber-Tomato Bruschetta in Phyllo Cups
Yield: 30 appetizers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 medium cucumber, finely diced
1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
1 small red onion, finely diced
¼ cup Breakstone’s Sour Cream
3 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened at room temperature
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons finely chopped chives
2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 packages phyllo cups (found in the freezer section)
1. Remove phyllo cups package from freezer – they will come to room temperature while you assemble the rest of the appetizer.
2. In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber, tomato and onion to combine.
3. Using a spoon, mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a small bowl. until thoroughly combined. Stir in lemon juice, salt, pepper, chives and parsley.
4. Toss the vegetables with the sour cream mixture to combine.
5. Spoon the bruschetta into each phyllo cup, filling each evenly.
6. Top with finely chopped chives and serve.