- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups extra-wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Thinly-sliced fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it’s well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir the soup, water, tomatoes, vinegar and chopped basil in the skillet.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce over the noodles. Sprinkle with the cheese and sliced basil, if desired.