- 1 domestic goose (10 to 12 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium apple, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium lemon, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup hot water
- Sprinkle the goose cavity with salt and pepper. Place the apple, orange and lemon in the cavity. Place goose breast side up on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Prick skin well with a fork. Pour water into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 185°. If necessary, drain fat from pan as it accumulates. Cover goose with foil and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Discard fruit