- ½ cups Olive Oil
- 1-½ cup Grated Carrots
- 1 whole Large Red Onion, Diced
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Basil Flakes
- 1 can (6 Ounce) Tomato Paste
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup (to 2 Cups) Red Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2 cans (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes
- 1 cup Milk
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or skillet over medium heat. Add grated carrots and onions and cook for a few minutes. Make a well in the center of the mixture, and then add in the ground beef. Cook for a few minutes until brown, gradually stirring it into the carrot mixture.
Throw in oregano and basil. . When the meat is browned and combined with other ingredients, make another well. Add tomato paste and let it heat. Add garlic and stir to combine.
Make a well in the center of the mixture and add red wine. Stir together. Add Worcestershire and stir. Add canned tomatoes. Finally, pour in milk, stir, and let simmer for 30 minutes to 2 hours—however long you need.
Serve with pasta and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.