After a week of delicious island food – ooo how I miss it – I was craving something with red sauce. I saw this recipe a couple times on google reader and knew it would be perfect , and it was ! I would add a little more salt, but that is it! It tasted like a great chicken parm hoagie, minus all the calories! I believe these originated from Ella says Opa! Blog:
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped flatleaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella or provolone
- 4 buns (brushed with a little garlic butter, they are even better)
Lightly mix together all the ingredients for the burgers and form into 4 patties.
Place patties on grill. Grill until done. Top each chicken burger with 2 Tbsp. pasta sauce and a slice (or about 2T) of cheese.