I love any kind of stuffed pasta, and I love mexican food – so when I saw this on my google reader, I knew I had to try it – it was so good! I got it from GET IN MY BELLY’s blog – I did make some changes to accomodate what I had on hand:
1 lb. ground beef – I used ground chicken
1 package taco seasoning
4 oz. cream cheese – I used chive and onion
12 jumbo pasta shells cooked al dente
1 cup salsa
1 cup taco sauce (I used Trader Joe’s Enchilada sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese
3 green onions
1/2 red pepper chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1. In a frying pan cook ground chicken; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add in pepper and onions and sautee
2. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.
3. While ground chicken is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board so that they don’t stick together.
4. Pour salsa on bottom of 9×13 baking dish.
5. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Cover shells with enchilada sauce and salsa.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes.