WOW! Where do I start? 7am Friday morning Me, Nicole, and Natalie headed eastbound on the PA turnpike for a 5 hour trip to Atlantic City , NJ – we FLEW there, checking in at the Beautiful Borgata Casino at 12pm. We then killed time at a great restaurant and eagerly awaited to see our Favorite Boys – The New Kids on the Block. Many glasses of wine, and hours of standing in line later – we saw them , yet again, put on an awesome show… We are obsessed.
After a LATE night in the casino, the next morning we woke up EARLY ( we were trying to be responsible ), and headed back to Pittsburgh for Rob’s Cash Bash Saturday night, and to get all the supplies ready for the Annual Steeler Tailgate on Sunday!
Sunday morning we headed over to Lemak’s to hop in our van , and down to Heinz Field to cheer on our Steelers! 12 hours later – we came home!
SOOO after that weekend, I needed some time to eat some veggies, unwind, and Detox – LOL. Beef Stew was the perfect Choice! I served this was some Asiago Peppercorn Sourdough Bread from Trader Joes! It was the perfect compliment!
SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 Parsnips diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped DIRECTIONS
- Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, parsnips, carrots, and celery.
- Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.